AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered my panny AX100 to replace my panny AE700. I sure hope it's going to be a significant upgrade for ambient light viewing. My current projector has 3800 hours on the original bulb and it's still going strong. But i'm betting it will need to be replaced soon. So why not just get a new projector?!

Anything you recommend I tweak in terms of settings when I get it?

·
Registered
870 Posts
Wow! 3800 hours on your original bulb? Any blue polarizer problems? I have an AE700 on second bulb,(first went at 432 hours) now at around 1200 hours. I project in a completely light controled theater room and get pretty good results but have "eyed" the 100 as I would like to improve contrast and sometimes light output.

Stace

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlehman /forum/post/0

Wow! 3800 hours on your original bulb? Any blue polarizer problems?

Not that I can see.

The only problem with it is alittle bit to the left of center, and down, whenever a red scene is displayed it looks smuged there. But it's not a big deal. We do use it as our TV and I keep it in low lamp mode.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Interesting that you got so few hours on the first bulb . I just lost the bulb on mine last night at just over 900 hours . Did you do anything different with the second bulb ? I'm wondering if there might have been a bad batch of bulbs early on .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.