AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will Panasonic honor the rebate if I bought the projector from costco?

For the receipt, is it sufficient to print out the online receipt and attach that?

Is there anything else I need besides the receipt, the UPC code, and the rebate form?

Thanks.

·
Registered
58 Posts
They did for my AE900 back in June, and Costco wasn't an authorized vendor then just like they aren't now. I highly doubt Costco would advertise the rebate if it wasn't going to be accepted. And yes, a printout of my online receipt and the UPC was all that was needed. Keep in mind that if this doesn't work for some stupid reason you can return the projector for a full cash refund, including shipping.

·
Registered
237 Posts
so how long do you envision the Costco non-warranty replacement to be; a year; more? And would you return it for a bad bulb, or just any problem when you otherwise would send back to a repair center? Do projectors tend to break in the first few weeks/months, or is it at continuous threat of brreaking? Thanks

·
Registered
58 Posts
Technically, Costco has an open-ended return policy that allows one to return a product at anytime for any reason with the exception of computers. Plenty of "abuse stories" online that can be found of folks who return products 4-5 years later for no reason; simply to upgrade.

My personal stance on electronics with Costco is considerably more strict though. I'd be willing to return an item up to 6 months if I simply found something better or didn't like it for some reason. After that, I'd probably go up to 2 years for defective returns -- with "the bulb died" not being considered defective. Of course, those are my personal limits and different people have different views on proper consumer behavior/etc.

As far as projectors go, major problems tend to show up in the first year. The LCD variety, although, does have to deal with panel and polarizer deterioration overtime, but that's more a "nature of the beast" and something that is largely impacted upon how often you clean your filters, environmental hazards, etc. Such is mostly a non-issue as well, and was only a big deal around here back with older Sanyo projectors that had non-functional filters and panels/polarizers dying left and right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.