AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been doing a lot of reading and haven't come across anything like this thread, so I thought I would start one of my own. (BTW, if there is another thread out there like this, feel free to delete this one.) I just got my new Wilsonart Designer White screen finished and hung. I am looking for others out there who are also using a Wilsonart DW screen along with the Panny AX100. What setting are you using and which are working best for you? Right now, here is what I have:

Bulb: Eco mode

Normal setting (instead of Cinema1)

Brightness at -8

Color temp at +6.

These setting were recommended to me and I have tinkered with them some but I am always ready to tinker some more if it will give me a better pic. So please, share your settings with us. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
it is so counter-productive to share settings.... it's not what they are there for.... sure, if the manufacturer grossly mis-calibrated every one in a certain way, then a gross correction could be shared, but I think that's not the case here.... the settings available are to make relatively fine corrections to compensate for:

* component tolerances

* lamp aging

* ambient conditions

* screen characteristics

* personal preference

do yourself a favor.... spend the money for a Display LT, license for the excellant GetGray calibration DVD and download the free ColorHCFR program or better yet buy CalMan.... you won't be sorry.... should be less than $150 if you go for the free program..... goto the Display Calibration forum here on AVS....

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have the same setup...AX100 with 114" DW screen.

Find a DVD with the Contrast and Brightness screens on them. I used 'The Incredibles' DVD, but they are on many other DVD's. They won't account for Every possible calibration or tweak, but they do allow for proper Brightness and Contrast settings. Those, to me, are the most important. I borrowed DVE from a friend and the color/tint setting were dead on. I left them both at zero.

Unless you are a true videophile, setting the contrast and brightness correctly will probably be sufficient for the average Joe.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have Avia, I just haven't had time to properly calibrate it yet. I just got my DW screen hung and I am still working on getting the masking installed. Then I have to build a shelf that hangs from the ceiling to put the pj on.

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
Avia is possibly the worst of the test DVD's to use on a digital display.... visit the Display Calibration thread and check out the New Calibration Disc thread....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.