AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a camera that I can use as a monitor for our toddler's play area. I have a wireless network in my home. I know that the Panasonic BL-C131A will allow me to view the camera's images from computer outside of our home network (ie, at work, on vacation, etc.). However, I would like to be able to view the images while on our home network, via our laptop or netbook inside the home. Can I do this with this product? Also, is there some kind of adapter that would also let me send the video to a tv or other monitor in the home? I have spent several hours online already trying to clarify these points to no avail. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Yes you can see the cam on any computer on your network.

Since the camera does not output a conventional video signal it is quite a bit more complicated/expensive viewing the signal on a TV (although newer TVs are coming with more network connectivity that may help with that).

·
Registered
6,089 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz Goddard /forum/post/16930282

Yes you can see the cam on any computer on your network.

Since the camera does not output a conventional video signal it is quite a bit more complicated/expensive viewing the signal on a TV (although newer TVs are coming with more network connectivity that may help with that).

Panasonic makes a device, a 'TV adapter', that injects the signal from the network cameras into a TV.

BL-WV10A

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.