AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Today I received/bought Panasonic bt 300 home theater system. After receiving, I figured out that these home theater speakers are only compatible with this system and I can not use with other receiver. Also, I was interested in setting up this system in my home theater(basement) where I have already setup spear wires (monster speaker wire in wall - xphp ) and now I am not sure how I can use these monster speaker wires and connect with these speakers as this system comes with special speaker wires and looks like lengths of these wires are also not sufficient to setup in my home theater.

1. Can I use these speakers with other receiver (onkyo 607, pioneer 1019ah)?

2. How do use in wall speaker wires with these panasonic bt 300 speakers?

Any technical help will be appreciated.

Thank you,

Suhas

·
Registered
897 Posts
Cut and splice. Cut the speaker wires on the panasonic speakers at their midway point if that will provide enough length to reach the existing spear wires. Connect the panasonic wires to the panasonic speakers (if not already connected) and to the BT 300. Then splice those wires to the spear wires observing the polarity.

Speakers can always be connected to any amplifier. The impedance of a speaker can limit the maximum power provided by the amplifier. Generally the impedance of the speakers that come with a HTIB are selected to achieve the max. power output but of course may not provide the best performance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.