AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have an email address associated with a Panasonic Platinum Partner, you've got to go check them out.

When I went to shop.panasonic.com a month ago, they had the 55 ST50 for $1,400 + shipping as I recall. They were throwing in a webcam, but who cares?

I was going to get it from Amazon, but they raised the price from $1,350 to $1,450. So I checked Panasonic.com again and they actually lowered the price to $1,175 with free shipping.

I've heard people say bad things about Panasonic Direct, but I ordered the TV at 7:15am and got a confirmation at 1:00pm that it had already shipped.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonzo6  /t/1420876/panasonic-com-platinum-partner-discounts-got-a-lot-better#post_22262282

Did you get the TV yet? How was the shipping/delivery?

Ordered it on the 17th at 7:30am. Got tracking the same day. Said it should arrive on the 25th. Got a call on the 24th to schedule delivery. Scheduled the delivery on my lunch, and I got here right when I said and they were already here waiting in a box truck and brought the TV in.

Of course I assume they work with several different local couriers, so who knows who you'll get. But I thought it was cool that shipping was free and they didn't even really advertise that on Panasonic's site that I saw. $1175 + local tax was all I paid. Which came out to $1,257.24. So that saved me $200 since Amazon and Sears and Best Buy were all at $1,450. It looks like Amazon is back down to $1,337.99, but I certainly don't see a reason to pay an extra $80 if you can get the Panasonic discount.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts