AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Panasonic DMR E10 DVD RAM recorder and was wondering if anyone else out there has tried to play the RAM discs they record in their panasonic DMR DVD recorders in either the CP72 or the RP82 DVD players. Do RAM discs which have been recorded in any of the Panasonic DMRs play flawlessly in either of these 2 dvd players?

Thanks for any insight you can offer!

·
Registered
121 Posts
DVD RAM from my DMR HS-2 plays on my RP-82 with no problem. Note that the RP-82 will not take a DVD RAM cartridge; it has to be a disc only.

Griz

·
Registered
66 Posts
Can't say for the recorders, but a DVD-RAM that I authored on my PC played great in my RP82. I authored it just like a DVD-R, just used a Type II DVD-RAM disk instead... One of the reasons I got this unit

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes this is what I wondered too.

Also, I have no problem with breaking the disc out of the cartridge in order to play it in one of these units.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Guys,

As I said earlier mine played DVD-RAM just fine. The DVD-RAM has to be burned in VR format which I'm pretty sure the DVD-RAM recorders record in. That's the biggest thing to check.

I also looked at the link you guys posted and while it doesn't have many features listed (or a full spec sheet) it does look just like my RP82 and the specs it lists do match.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Nope, but I really haven't watched that much on it. I just got it 2 days ago. DVD-RAM was one of the first things I tried as it was one of the reasons I got it.

On a side note I am just about to return it because the Progressive output looks like crap with my NEC VT540K projector. I can only assume it's the line doubler in the projector that is interfering with it but haven't gotten any hits to help me yet...

Ross

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.