AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I popped the cover off my Panasonic CP72K disc changer one more time to take a more exetensive look then last time. Another member had mentioned to check on the back of circuit board because that is where the Sage FLI2200 chip is on the RP82. I carefully unplug the circuit board from the connector that was connecting it to the main power supply board. I flipped it over and there was the pretty Sage FLI2200 chip!!! I felt like I struck gold at that moment so I went and got my Finepix 2300 digital camera and shot some hires 1600X1200 pics of it. I am going to downsize the pictures to save bandwidth on my home page though. Does anyone know what the number on the Sage chip mean and why the CP72 Sage chip's numbers are a little higher? These pictures will prove to anyone that doesn't think the CP72 has Sage/Faroudja FLI2200 DCDI deinterlacing does indeed have it by the angles of the pictures showing it is the CP72 that has it. Please enjoy the pictures and feel free to brag at what a wonderful player and deal this player truly is.

CP72 SAGE CHIP CLOSEUP

CP72 BACK OF CIRCUIT BOARD

CP72 FRONT VIEW WITH COVER OFF

CP72 TOP VIEW WITH COVER OFF

P.S. - If you know anyplace that will host these pics please tell me. :)

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Hurtz,

Do you know if the video quality is comparable to that of the RP82? I'm going nuts looking for an RP82 locally and can't find one. I do have a Circuitcity within 10 miles that has the CP72, but I refuse to compromise video quality. Advice?

Gus

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Considering both the RP82 and CP72 have the same Sage/Faroudga FLI2200 deinterlacer and mpeg decoder, their picture quality has to be identical and I have heard this from numerous members. When I got mine I noticed a much clearer, rich, and sharper picture then my JVC XV-S500Bk player it relaced.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Gus
Hurtz,

Do you know if the video quality is comparable to that of the RP82? I'm going nuts looking for an RP82 locally and can't find one. I do have a Circuitcity within 10 miles that has the CP72, but I refuse to compromise video quality. Advice?

Gus

Gus you know they are the same thing, except for the fact that the 72 does not have coax out.:D You have been here far too long to not know as it has been rehashed many times, you did know didn't you?:confused:

you little player you.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Actually, I'm quite seroius. I didn't know. I hadn't been in this particular neck of the woods for almost a year.

Gus

·
Registered
352 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Gus
Actually, I'm quite seroius. I didn't know. I hadn't been in this particular neck of the woods for almost a year.

Gus

Gus, go grab the 72, with the rebate it is am awesome deal. Where do you hang out Gus? I think you hang out it the software section, right?

mark

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
etronics has it for 199 not-shipped. Dunno if that makes a better deal or not, cuz I can't test shipping withing US.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
 www.ecost.com completely rapes on shipping. For that 10lb DVD they want $29.00 more for GROUND shipping. You can get it for a $1 more at www.jandr.com and be getting it from an authorized Panasonic etailer and be able to get the $30 mail in rebate.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
When using the component outs in progressive mode, are the s-video and/or composite outputs active in 480i (at the same time)??

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Stamper
Gus, go grab the 72, with the rebate it is am awesome deal. Where do you hang out Gus? I think you hang out it the software section, right?

mark
I'm going to grab it today at Circuitcity for $250. I know I'm paying too much, but I know what I'm doing, trust me. If I order online, it will get picked up on the wife's home-theater-expeses radar. Getting it at a B&M store allows me to get it in stealth mode.

Yes mark, I hang out there alot, and in the Digital Projectors Over $5k forum too.

Gus

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Gus-

It's the holiday season. Just tell her that box you got is something special for her for Christmas!! Take advantage of the time of year. Tis the season for a new DVD player! :D

·
Registered
304 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by hurtz777
Well I popped the cover off my Panasonic CP72K disc changer one more time to take a more exetensive look then last time. Another member had mentioned to check on the back of circuit board because that is where the Sage FLI2200 chip is on the RP82. I carefully unplug the circuit board from the connector that was connecting it to the main power supply board. I flipped it over and there was the pretty Sage FLI2200 chip!!! I felt like I struck gold at that moment so I went and got my Finepix 2300 digital camera and shot some hires 1600X1200 pics of it. I am going to downsize the pictures to save bandwidth on my home page though. Does anyone know what the number on the Sage chip mean and why the CP72 Sage chip's numbers are a little higher? These pictures will prove to anyone that doesn't think the CP72 has Sage/Faroudja FLI2200 DCDI deinterlacing does indeed have it by the angles of the pictures showing it is the CP72 that has it. Please enjoy the pictures and feel free to brag at what a wonderful player and deal this player truly is.

CP72 SAGE CHIP CLOSEUP

CP72 BACK OF CIRCUIT BOARD

CP72 FRONT VIEW WITH COVER OFF

CP72 TOP VIEW WITH COVER OFF

P.S. - If you know anyplace that will host these pics please tell me. :)
the one item that was still outstanding was the matter of the MPEG decoder that nobody could confirm - see:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=183685

the RP82 uses Analog Devices ADV7199 chip

Can you confirm that this identical chip is in the CP72 as well? (did not see it on the photo you posted - and your old photos are gone now)

thks!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I opened up my CP72 for a third time and took this picture(a little blurry but you can identify chip if you sharpen) of the Analog Devices ADV7199 chip. The chip has an ID of:

Analog Devices

ADV7199KS

CP72 Analog Devices ADV7199 Chip

I hope this proves to everyone the CP72 does have the exact same hardware as the RP82!!! Enjoy...

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
Quote:
the one item that was still outstanding was the matter of the MPEG decoder that nobody could confirm - see:
Analog Devices chip is Digital to Analog converter and not MPEG decoder. MPEG decoder is Panasonic.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The CP72 uses the same Panasonic MPEG decoder chip. Here are the the chip ID comparisons:

RP82

MN67753IKA

JAPAN

224U7M18

CP72

MN67753IKA

JAPAN

224U1ME9

I have included a semi blurry pic of the CP72 MPEG Decoder chip for proof. This should mean it does have 4:4:4 processing just like the RP82 since the MPEG Decoder chip is the same right?

CP72 MPEG DECODER CHIP

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.