Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I turned my tv on last nite to watch the football

game on ESPN and the strangest thing happened. Instead of having a picture, there was

a vertical rainbow colored wallpaper design with a light green background that filled the screen. audio was fine. Every channel had that pattern.

I turned the set off and back on and the picture returned. I called panasonic and they didn't have a clue so they told me to call a tech and have them look at it.

Does anyone out there know what might have happened to my tv?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Unplug your TV for a minimum of 12 hours, 24 would be optimal. What has happened is a magnetic field of some sort has futzed your tube. I have a CT27SX11 in the bedroom upstairs and this happened to me approx 1 month after purchase. I took it back to CC for a service. They returned it to me and gave me the above directions and cause.

Good luck.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Check out the movie Private Parts (Howard Stern autobiographical) you will get the jest of it.

"Looks like a pig and every time you see him you want to vomit, PigVomit."

·
Registered
477 Posts
You might want to try degaussing the set. I know the 34WX52 has this feature addressable through the menus so the 30 should have it as well. I had to do this once a few days after I got my set. Saw rainbow color effects and the like one time when I powered it up. Has not done it again since I degaussed it. The degauss might be under Magnetic Correction or something like that in the menus.

HTH

Walter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.