AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in service mode on my Panasonic ct-34wx50 but I can't adjust any of the values for the following:

Hybrid Gamma:

Real Contrast

Real Bright

However I can adjust this value

Def Adj:

H- Position

I am able to use vol for the adjusting of the latter.

Is there a way to adjust Real Contrast & Real Bright?

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is the TV receiving a 480p or 1080i signal. If so, most parameters in the service menu are disabled. While you are navigating the service menu, the TV must be receiving a 480i signal. One way around this if using a progressive scan DVD player. Set the player to interlaced (progressive off) output, select the parameter you want to change in the service menu, with the parameter selected on the screen, enable the progressive output of the player, make changes to service menu parameter. This has been my experience with 34WX52, probably same with your model.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi DiegoE!

Thanks for responding so early this morning ^_^

Yes it is receiving a 480i signal. Just checked and still can't adjust anything under Hybrid Gamma. :(

To adjust values vol on the remote is used? That what worked for H- Position.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
>This has been my experience with 34WX52, probably same with your model.

DiegoE

Looks like the ct-34wx50 may not be able to accept adjustment in that way.

(I played around with it for about 2 hours earlier)

I do remember some time ago talking to an ISF tech and I think he said that on this model you have to adjust using a certain input maybe VIDEO2/S-Video or something like that.

Bummer.....I can't remember what he said :(

If there are any ISF techs or anyone that has done adjustments on a panny ct-34wx50 please help me out.

I would like to check out sleeping beauty tonight and I'm running on default display settings (Display looks terrible). ^_^

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I spoke to soon...

Looks like I am only able to adjust setting through one certain input.

This is kinda weird. I guess I spoke too soon. The service menu settings change for each input so what do I do about the other inputs that I cant adjust?

In summary I can only make adjustment with the service menu through 10801 signals through component inputs(Basically my set top box). These will for sure be different for 480p singnals. :(

I try and try to adjust with a 480i signal but it just wont let me.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hi,

This set is extremely tricky. What you have to do to do full calibration of this Panny is feed it a 480i S-Video signal, do what you can with it, and then back out of service and feed it a 1080i signal from a test generator and tweak what you can with that signal. In the end it can be calibrated very well, but it takes a while. Also youi must be in the Full asplect ratio when entereing Service. I would really recommend you ponney up the $ to hire a professional ISF calibrator to help you, because these are just a few of the many idiosyncrocies of this and most other Panasonic models.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Kevin!

My problem Is I have tried to feed a 480i S-Video signal and no luck :(

Do I need to use a certain input? Or is there a keystroke?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Success!

I changed my settings to FULL mode and now I can adjust 480i settings ^_^

Thanks Soooooo MUCH Kevin ^_^

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.