AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this TV has come up in the forum long ago, but since I couldn't find it right away, I'll just ask here: if anyone knows exactly what the geometry problems are, I'd like to know. I'm thinking about setting up a system using it as a monitor for a computer as well as DVD and local DTV viewing. I've run across lots of complaints, but very little in the way of explanations of this "geomagnetic" problem.

(I realize the TV is an older model, and I haven't purchased it yet due to these alleged problems)

Thanks for the info!

------------------

Kevin Gannon

·
Registered
58 Posts
The TV had shown a lot of tilt & Geometry problems. I have had one for 9 months. Panasonics "fix" is to install a coil around the tube yolk that does seem to solve the tilt. Magnets are moved around the tube to address the geometry. You would notice these problems if the set had them in a news channel bottom ticker tape. This set is super for HDTV, not so great for an average analog feed like cable tv. If anyone has the Avia settings , I would love to have them. Thanks!

·
Registered
170 Posts
I had the 32" 40, replaced with a 41, which was returned for a refund. Picture quality is excellent but curved horizontal lines can't be corrected. The top and bottom move together. If you straighten the top, the curve on the bottom doubles, etc. No adjustment available for this.

Too bad,

·
Registered
58 Posts
An update on my set: The Panasonic authorized repairman from a local shop looked at the set, tried to correct the geometry through the service menu adjustments and was unsuccessful. Then I had a Circuit City repairman look at it. He moved some of the magnets around the tube and got the bottom, then top cross hatch lines "almost" perfect. He also corrected the tilt. My question is to the Forum. Is a slight, un-noticeable to the eye curve on a horizontal cross hatch line just a by product of flat screen CRT technology as I read somewhere? Also, if my set is satisfactory now, will it change over time, or if moved? Thanks for any responses.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.