AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this tv from a friend and it has some of the channels locked out and he doesn't know the code to unlock them. is there a way to bypass the code to unlock the channels?

Thanx Buggy

·
Premium Member
18,319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buggy
I bought this tv from a friend and it has some of the channels locked out and he doesn't know the code to unlock them. is there a way to bypass the code to unlock the channels?
If it's like my former CT-32HXC43 it gets pretty involved. The manual has detailed instructions but if as i presume the channels have been locked out for over 48 hours then the previous owner selected the code's ALWAYS feature then it's permanently locked until either the correct code is entered, or a by a qualified Panasonic service technician. Maybe all he does is a remote kepad trick with a particular sequence of button presses. Dunno.

The instructions plainly say to make sure you don't forget this code and to write it down in a safe place as the only way to unlock it without this code if you select the ALWAYS mode. I can't believe someone would set this up and not remember or write down the code - maybe he wrote it in the manual or used a birthday or sumthin. Jog his memory :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.