AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm a newbie at this. I got the CT34WX54 and I need to change the settings from the factory settings because they are too red.

Now the problem I have is that I suck at getting the right color, brighness, picture settings all correctly.

Does anyone have this T.V. and can tell me how to set it up properly (ex: 50 on picture, 30 on color)

Thanks in advance!!!!

· Registered
42 Posts
Nice tv u have there.. i just bought the same one recently.. :D i actually think the opposite of the set.. it's more on the blue side.. especially compared to the sony's i've seen.. try setting the tv to "cool"..

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I'm trying to get someone to tell me what setting I should put my colors and setting in. I haven't been able to grab a calibration DVD lately.

Does anyone have this tv and done the proper settings already?

· Registered
477 Posts
There is no such thing as proper settings for a model of TV. There can quite a bit of variance from unit to unit even for the eact same model of TV (not to mention room environment differences). Someone else's settings likely won't be correct for your set. You really do need to buy (or borrow or rent) a calibration DVD to do this even close to properly. They provide the calibration images and step by step instructions on how to set the TV controls properly.

EDITED: Oh, and forgot to mention: There can also be quite a bit of variance between DVD players as well. Some are brighter than others and some use 0 IRE for black while others use 7.5 IRE for black. Plus there can even be color matrix issues. Just more reasons to use a calibration disc with your specific equipment.

· Registered
10,506 Posts
No guarantees on this advice, xanotos, but in the meantime, you could try the THX Optimizer included on any THX mastered DVD (like Star Wars). That should give you a little help with Contrast, Brightness, Color saturation Sharpness. I'm just goin by memory here but I think there was a Cinema mode on the 30" model that looked fairly close to 6500k with default settings that didn't look too bad. YMMV on the 34". There were also some settings in the setup options for Natural Color, MPEG Noise Reduction, VM (velocity modulation) and a couple other things I can't remember. You might want to try disabling some of these, esp VM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.