AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1664 Posts

·
Rabid 3-D Aficionado
1,575 Posts

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
and i finally settled on the ax900 as my set now this! hopefully its not vaporware and will be released this year panasonic makes an excellent product but takes such a long time to release it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Since I can not find a 2014 AX900 what are the odds on the CX850 for 2015? What is the difference between the two? All I can see is an improvement in the color. If is just done with the software maybe we could see it this year.

·
Banned
3,567 Posts
So now has this replaced the AX900 in the US market? Or is the AX900 still coming out. At least this one does not have the lean, but the press release only mentions "dozens" of dimming zones as opposed to the confirmed 128 zones on the 65AX900. Also, DigitalTrends is reporting this is using Quantum Dots.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Since I can not find a 2014 AX900 what are the odds on the CX850 for 2015? What is the difference between the two? All I can see is an improvement in the color. If is just done with the software maybe we could see it this year.
other than features theey really seem to boasting better colors and a very bright panel as well as deeper blacks.. soo id imagine its a new panel? either way if its an ax900 with better contrast im sold Esp if it really comes in a 55 for the bedroom!

·
Registered
57 Posts
AX900 Listed at Best Buy

I was in Best Buy and saw a chart comparing different Panasonic TVs and the AX900 was listed as a 65"LCD LED. I asked the sales person if they had this model in stock, he checked and said no. I asked what the deal was with them listing the model, where is it and where can I get it? He told me that the chart was part of promotional materials provided by Panasonic. All other TVs in the chart were in stock. WTF Panasonic??

·
Rabid 3-D Aficionado
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Two pics from CES taken during Panasonic's presentation by c|net apparently of the CX85O. If the illustration shown in the second image is describing a feature of the CX850, it might be incorporating the 3D LUT first featured in the AX900 series (unless Joe Taylor was using the illustration to describe the AX900 at the time).

·
Rabid 3-D Aficionado
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was in Best Buy and saw a chart comparing different Panasonic TVs and the AX900 was listed as a 65"LCD LED. I asked the sales person if they had this model in stock, he checked and said no. I asked what the deal was with them listing the model, where is it and where can I get it? He told me that the chart was part of promotional materials provided by Panasonic. All other TVs in the chart were in stock. WTF Panasonic??
The 65AX900 is a "special order" item currently available for order, or pre-order as the case may be, only at Best Buy Magnolia stores. It is, however, not currently listed on the Magnolia website. Also, according to unnamed reps, the AX900 will not be sold on the Panasonic U.S. website. Check out the AX900 Anticipation or Owners threads for more info.

·
Registered
843 Posts
The CX8xx leaves room for a CX9xx model. There is already one report that Panasonic will release an OLED in the autumn. Could that be a CX900?

And what happened to "B"?

·
Rabid 3-D Aficionado
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The CX8xx leaves room for a CX9xx model. There is already one report that Panasonic will release an OLED in the autumn. Could that be a CX900?

And what happened to "B"?
That it may be. I'm about ready to do an about-face on the AX900 absent complete firmware (or otherwise discovered) fixes of the light bleeding and a hefty price drop. Should those two things occur, I might still hold out for the 65AX900 particularly if the CX850U won't feature 3D (which is a "must have" for me).

·
Banned
3,567 Posts
This is turning into quite the [email protected] for the AX900. It appears they are basically scraping the set for the US market and replacing it with the cheaper CX850. In the process it looks to lose the IPS panel that gave it those great viewing angles and appears to have a lot less dimming zones.
Also, I noticed in the Panasonic press video she never mentions blu-ray when showing the worlds first 4K blu-ray player. Instead calling it the 4K HDR player and streamer. Later it looks like someone placed a upside down blu-ray on top of it when they put it on display. Wish they would have been further along with the prototype and had some 4K packaging mock ups for the movie studios.

·
Registered
4,041 Posts

·
Rabid 3-D Aficionado
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)

·
Rabid 3-D Aficionado
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Caleb Denison and Joshua Sherman of Digital Trends have retracted a small portion of their original story claiming that the CX850U will feature quantum dot tech (the original title of the post was "Panasonic teases 4K Blu-ray, flaunts new flagship 4K UHD TV with quantum dots" and now its shortened to "Panasonic teases 4K Blu-ray, flaunts new flagship 4K UHD TV"). But that's okay gents. ;) Instead, as is explained in their latest video embeded in the lead post, Panasonic is using a phosphorus coated LED for more accurate whites and a wider color gamut.

1 - 20 of 1664 Posts