AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know anything about the new Panasonic direct view sets due at the end of June? I have a CT30WX52 on order, but my rep couldn't give me many details regarding the differences between the existing Panasonic direct view sets.

I saw a post somewhere that some of the current sets prevent you from adjusting the various component inputs independently. It said that every time you switch inputs you have to manually re-adjust the picture settings. That would be very awkward and undesirable.

I would also like to know if the sets have multiple component inputs for my Hughes HDTV Direct TV receiver and Toshiba DVD player.

I understand Panasonic is also going to release CT34WX52 and CT36HX42 models. But none of these models are listed on Panasonic's web site. I would appreciate any information anyone can supply.

·
Registered
17 Posts
im also very interested in tha CT34WX52. I tried to search the net for any information about this but nothing came up.

CT34WX50 owners, ive heard that when your changing channels, that it is really slow to change. Is this true?

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you compare the channel flipping speed of the CT34WX50 to that of digital cable or satellite it's very fast, but it can lag just a little compared to other TVs. All in all, I’m glad I bought it.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Some info on the new Pannys. I got this info from reading The Perfect Vision, May/June 2002, page 28. 1. 4:3 Direct-View = CT-36HX43 $2100, CT-36HL42 $2200 (w/built-in sub) 2. 4:3 RPTV = PT51HX42 $1996. 3. Widescreen Direct- View = CT-30WX52 $2500, CT-34WX52 $3300. Quote: " The new HD-ready sets offer a number of improvements over last year's models. These include a motion-adaptive 3D Y/C filter (on all HL/HX and PTV models), 10-bit 60MHz A/D-conversion image-processing (said to eliminate false-contouring), increased bandwidth from 20 to 30MHz (36/32 HL/HX, PTV), 8-bit PIP signal processing (32/36HL/HX 32SL/SX, PTV), digital horizontal edge correction (36/32SX/HX/HL, and SI32), improved line doubler (36/32HL/HX, PTVs), selectable (turn-off option) scan velocity modulation (36/32 HL/HX/SL and SX32), Other improved features on all above models: discrete remote codes, direct input selection, and video input labeling. The 4:3 HD-ready sets also allow user-selectable aspect ratio (4:3/16:9) with 1080i signals (but not with 480p)". No DVI info listed. Also listed : 16:9 RPTV = PT-47WX42 $1900, PT-47WX52 $2100, PT-56WX52 $3000. 16:9 LCD RPTV = PT-40LC12 $3500 (May), PT-45LC12 $4000 (June). Dick (akaJ6P)

:cool:

Ralph

·
Registered
143 Posts
I just got my CT-36HX42 and I cannot for the life of me find the direct input selection. If anyone else has figured it out, I'd appreciate any tips.

Thanks,

Fletch

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
The only source of info I've found for info on the new Panasonics is the 'Panasonic Digital TV Bulletin Board'. Support reps from Panasonic seem to monitor and make posts.

To get there:

go to the Panasonic Electronics web site: http://www.panasonic.com/consumer_el...me/default.asp

Click on 'Club Panasonic' in the top right

Under 'community/extras' click on HDTV Bulletin Board

Or, this link SHOULD take you there directly (no promises):
http://140.212.202.153/scripts/hyper...A&area=general

According to the above, no DVI or 1394.

New/Improved features on some models for 2002 include: Selectable Digital VM •Digital Horizontal Edge Correction •Multi-Format Display P-I-P •Scalable Picture-in Picture •Subwoofer •Video Picture Memory •Improved Aspect Adjustment •Discrete Remote Codes for Component Video Inputs •Motion Adaptive 3-Line Comb Filter •Advanced 8-bit P-I-P Processing •10-bit 60Mhz A/D Conversion Image Processing & Enhanced Progressive Scan Doubler. Release dates vary from now through September.

·
Registered
143 Posts
The Panasonic board is weird. They have a ton of posts up until Jul 3rd and then none. I don't even see a button to add a new post. Maybe they are phasing it out.

Fletch

·
Registered
143 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by nortac
Press the TV/Video button repeatedly to cycle through the various inputs.
That's the way to do it right now, but I thought they were going to have codes so you didn't have to cycle through. It is a major pain to go through 7 different inputs each time you want to change.

Fletch

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a CT34WX52 on order at Sound Advice. My sales guy called me yesterday to tell me Panasonic has delayed shipment until August 2nd. He said Panasonic gave no explanation for the delay.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Fletch97
It is a major pain to go through 7 different inputs each time you want to change.
There are discrete codes for some of the inputs but not for others. I tried a number of Pronto files that other people have created but couldn't find the right codes for my set, the CT34WX50.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Another possible source for information on the new Pannies is www.panny.tv

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Our on order Panasonic CT-34WX52 was delivered and setup yesterday. Sound Advice/Boca (Dennis McEwen) was extremely knowledgable and helpful throughout the process. HD is vivid and sharp on the set, DVD video is also very good, SD satellite is good, but the artifacts in Adelphia Cable's video are amplified.

·
Banned
3,023 Posts
I read that the new Panasonic CT-34WX52 is one of the only sets that does PIP even with the component video inputs either DVD or HDTV format! Has anyone confirmed that? Other TVs only allow PIP with 480i sources like analog tuner or VCR (composite or SVIDEO) inputs.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Fletch97
That's the way to do it right now, but I thought they were going to have codes so you didn't have to cycle through. It is a major pain to go through 7 different inputs each time you want to change.

Fletch
Okay, I know I'm incredibly late to the party, but you should look into the input skip function (if you haven't already, lol). In the input labels, you set labels for any inputs you're not actually using to "Skip" and then when you're cycling with the tv/vcr button it only cycles through the inputs you didn't mark as skip.

Cheers,

Scott.

·
Registered
76 Posts
artifacts and the like can be removed by turning off VM, it really softens the picture and takes a few minutes for your eyes tpo get used to it but it makes for an incredible picture for even average cable sources.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by andr3wpd
artifacts and the like can be removed by turning off VM, it really softens the picture and takes a few minutes for your eyes tpo get used to it but it makes for an incredible picture for even average cable sources.
I'm not sure I'd go so far as to say incredible, but it definitely seems to help. I had VM turned on initially (default setting I guess?) and was watching the simpsons on (analog) cable and could see tons of jaggies on any curved lines (like people's faces, etc). I decided to poke around and turning VM off helped that a ton.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.