AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a panasonic DLP PT-50DL54J. TV was shutting off soon after start up. Sometimes the TV would then start up on it's on, sometimes would shut down with lamp light on, and finally shut down and would not start up with the power light blinking red 9 times. I replaced the lamp to see maybe if that was it. Started doing it again couple days later. After TV stays on, it stays on with no problem. Last night a very loud humming noise started from the rear of the TV. I took off the back panel and checked the main fan on the side and another fan that looks to be connected to where the inputs are. The noise seems to be coming from the center area which I assume to be the color wheel. I turned the TV on today and noticed that there is a serious green tint to the picture. The TV then shut off after about 5 minutes. No blinking lights. I looked up online and saw that panasonic color wheels are over $400. Would this be the color wheel? Could it be something else?

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Seems like your diagnosis may be correct that colorwheel is needed. Too bad it's so expensive...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts