AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has replaced the ballast on this set themselves and how hard it was. My set is giving me the "replace bulb" message after about 12k hours. I purchased and replaced the bulb (Osram OEM from River Valley Electronics via Amazon)but it would not light. I sent the bulb back to River Valley and they are going to test it to make sure it is not the bulb. If they test the bulb and it lights, then the tech told me it is likely the ballast. I can purchase the ballast/board from Panasonic (part# EUBMM021A10) for $222.17

Secondly, I was wondering if there was also a resource to view the different components internally (fans, etc)from a technical perspective. Something that maybe has pictures with the different components labeled?

Thank you in advance to all that respond.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I ordered a bulb from River Valley Electronics back in late September, and the lamp would not light right away. Eventually, it would turn on for a few minutes and then shut off. And then finally, it would stay on as normal, except the replace bulb message would flash, even when I shut off that message. It would flash the next time I turned the tv on, and the red warning light would stay on. Yesterday, the bulb stopped working. I don't know if it is the bulb or the ballast, because the bulb doesn't look defective.

If you replaced your ballast, I would like to hear your story - did it work, was it the bulb? Any info from anyone would help, thanks.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Bought a new bulb for the TV, still did not light. Green LED flashes like it does when it is turning on, and then red light flashes 3 times every few seconds. Grrr!

·
Registered
71 Posts
The authorized Panasonic repair place in my area says that the 3 flashing red lights every few seconds means a bad fan. The fan is cheaper than the ballast, I will see if it works.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts