AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can get a good price on Panasonic TV's right now.

I'm leaning more toward the PT-56DLX75 (56" DLP) as the 61" is just too large for the room I am putting it in. I've done some searching and just can't seem to find any reviews on the Panny DLP TV's or really any other info than direct "Tech Specs" on Panasonic's website.

Does anybody have a Panny DLP?

Know where to find reviews on the Panasonic DLP's?

Thanks for your help!!!

·
Registered
15,311 Posts
Panny plasmas are well thought of. Their DLPs and LCDs are not big sellers.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for a bit of info.

I know that Panny Plasmas are highly regarded around here.

The DLP's have only been around for a few months from what I know.

Anybody else have anything to chime in?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bringing this back for one more day.

I am also considering the Panasonic RP LCD TV.

If ANYONE cares to chime in on either of the DLP or LCD Panny TV that would be GRAND.

THANK YOU!!!

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
amazon.com has the 61" listed but no customer reviews yet. With so little info available what grabs you about the Panny other than price? Not that price isn't a mighty fine reason on its own.

·
Registered
40 Posts
This won't be much help, but I bought the Panasonic PT-56DLX75 model directly from Panasonic. My company has a partnership deal with them, and I received an extremely great deal on the price.

I didn't find many reviews on the product, like you, but for the price, I just couldn't pass it up. I expect to receive the TV from Panny by the end of the week or beginning of next week.

After a few weeks of review, I'll let everyone know how it looks. I would suggest going to BB to take a look at the product, but they only stock them at the BBs with the Magnolia shops. Looked really good, and it carries the H2+ chip as well as an 8-segmented wheel.

You also mentioned the 61" RP LCD they offer. I was also thinking of that, since I could've bought it for cheaper. However, the LCD models only have 1 HDMI port, while the DLPs have 2. I decided to sacrifice 5" for the 2nd HDMI port.

Edit to Add: For my own piece of mind, I decided to fork over some additional cash for a Mack extended warranty from a separate online dealer. I chose to do this based on the fact that Panny DLPs are a virtual unknown in the marketplace.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by qdaddyo
This won't be much help, but I bought the Panasonic PT-56DLX75 model directly from Panasonic. My company has a partnership deal with them, and I received an extremely great deal on the price.

You also mentioned the 61" RP LCD they offer. I was also thinking of that, since I could've bought it for cheaper.

Edit to Add: For my own piece of mind, I decided to fork over some additional cash for a Mack extended warranty from a separate online dealer. I chose to do this based on the fact that Panny DLPs are a virtual unknown in the marketplace.
Qdaddyo---

I think we may be in the same boat. My Company is in partnership w/ Panny as well.

Did you receive Employee Pricing? Or do you mind stating what price you got the 56" DLP for? (If you want IM me)

I see the 61" RP LCD for the same price as the 56" DLP on my end.

Where did you get the extended warranty?

I've spoken w/ the company Panasonic uses and they had the prices of $ 349 (1yr), 549 (2yr), 699 (3yr) on the DLP. I would then get 10% off of that price.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-aotic
Qdaddyo---

I think we may be in the same boat. My Company is in partnership w/ Panny as well.

Did you receive Employee Pricing? Or do you mind stating what price you got the 56" DLP for? (If you want IM me)

I see the 61" RP LCD for the same price as the 56" DLP on my end.

Where did you get the extended warranty?

I've spoken w/ the company Panasonic uses and they had the prices of $ 349 (1yr), 549 (2yr), 699 (3yr) on the DLP. I would then get 10% off of that price.

Thanks for the help
I'll PM you the details.

·
Registered
24 Posts
What's the lamp warranty? I heard that the LCD RP TVs have 18 month. Does the DLP have the same?

I went to the 2001 A&V store. Took a look at:

PAnasonic DLP (50") - lamp warranty=?

Panasonic new LCD RP (52") - lamp warranty=18 months

Sony KFE50A10 (50") - lamp warranty=90 days.

To be honest, the best PQ is for the Pana DLP, brighter and no rainbow effect so far. I'm planning to exchange my Samsung Plasma 42" for one of those babies. At this moment, I think I'm leaning towards the Panny DLP. Any suggestions?

I'm switching because of burn in issues. I don't want to worry everytime I'm playing XBOX360.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'm planning to pick up the 56" Panny DLP in two weeks time. $2,499 w/ 3 year bulb replacement warranty. There have been a couple posts about the new Panny DLPs on here, didn't see any negative comments about them.

The DLPs also have the 18 month bulb warranty by Panasonic, like the LCDs. My current tv is the 53wx42, which I've had for I think 3 years now. Tweaked the hell out of it with all I learned from the panny.tv site. Had no problems with that set, so figured I'd go Panasonic once again. The Toshiba 1080p DLPs are extremely tempting though.

I still want to hear more people's assessment of these sets. Like with gaming, HD, dvd, lag problems. I need the 411!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Inquiring minds want to know! On the Panasonic site there is now a new model listed. The 56dlx25. MSRP is $200 less then the 56dlx75. No specs listed though. I'm about a week now from ordering mine. Anticipation is killing me!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey..I've leaned towards the Panny RPLCD 52". I was at the store and made a side by side comparison using the same HD signal and to be honest, the difference in brightness between the DLP and RPLCD was minimal (I'd say 5%), being brighter the DLP. No difference at all in PQ and problems like SDE, Raimbows, etc.

I made my choice over the RPLCD based on that Panny RPLCD is a newer model and got a better deal too :)

I will be receiving it on Thursday night. I'll post my impressions.

Thank y'all for your comments.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks MGuru - I'm curious as to what you see once it's in your home.

The only difference I can see (visually) on the cheaper 56-DLX25 is that it is silver around the screen (instead of black, like the 75). I sure think once the specs are up, there may be another difference or two. (guessing 1 HDMI connection, instead of 2 like the 75, but that is just guessing)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-aotic
Thanks MGuru - I'm curious as to what you see once it's in your home.

The only difference I can see (visually) on the cheaper 56-DLX25 is that it is silver around the screen (instead of black, like the 75). I sure think once the specs are up, there may be another difference or two. (guessing 1 HDMI connection, instead of 2 like the 75, but that is just guessing)

My guess would be that the 25 doesn't have the PC input.

·
Banned
1,108 Posts
I have owned a Panny DLP for a little over 1 year and have not experienced any problems. Mine is the first generation 50". I have not viewed the latest generation.

I have yet to find any other brand with better PQ.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been looking for information and opinions on Panasonics current generation of DLP's, but haven't found much besides the specs, which sound very promising. I haven't been able to find one to demo at any local retailers, I've only seen their LCD models.

I noticed a second 56" DLP pop up on their website recently, so i called Panasonic to find out what was different between the PT-56DLX75 and the recently added PT-56DLX25. Their product information folks were clueless, so after being on hold for an hour to speak with someone from tech support, I was told that both models are identical. They added that the PT-56DLX25 was a special model that would be sold through membership clubs like Sams Club and Costco.

Hopefully more information will become available on these sets or someone who has one can post a review.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.