Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutdotnet
I'm curious on the same thing. I went to probably the same warehouse club and noticed the price + stand for the 56" is $700 cheaper than the similar 52" Model.

I'm very tempted to pick on up.
Unfortunately it doesn't look like many here have the set who can provide some details or reviews of it. Set is sold out in my local area anyway and the computer does not sure that they are scheduled to receive more. Good luck to you though and please post your impressions if you get one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbear
Does anyone have any updated thoughts on the Panasonic DLP's? They have pretty good deal going on at one of the warehouse clubs on the captioned set (limited quantities) and I wanted to see if anyone had any more recent reviews or thoughts on this.
I have a Panasonic PT-50DL54 (1 year old) and also had problems finding review data when I bought it. Did a lot of research and side by side w/ other models of DLP/ rear LCD. I thought the Panasonic had best pic quality. It appears that the 56DLX 25 / 75 are very similiar, 2+ chip, 8 seg color wheel, HDMI & RGB connections. The big difference looks to be cosmetic. Moving speakers from side to bottom etc. I have been totally satisfied w/ this DLP. The picture is awesome with comcast cable and DVDs and as good w/ SD-480i as any set I've seen. I have had absolutely no problems with it and continously receive rave reviews from friends, two have bought it based on mmy pic quality. The DVD w/ my Panasonic DVD-S77 is is incredible.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I see that Panasonic has just put up info on their website for both the DLP PT-61DLX76 and 56" versions. Any thoughts on this model as compared to say the Samsung HL-S series...in particular the HL-S6187W. I see that Panasonic is claiming 12,500 to 1 contrast ratio compared to 10,000 to 1 for the Samsung. It seems most folks on AVS Forum aren't familiar with the Panasonic DLP products...just the Plasma series.....if you're the exception to the rule, please chime in as I'm about to pull the trigger on either the PT-61DLX76 or Samsung HL-S6187w and would love to here positive and negative thoughts either way.

Here's the link for info on the Panasonic:

http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs...00000000005702

Thanks!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Jethro.. pretty much the same reply as many place here..trust your eyes as in the end it only matter sif you like the PQ.. try to buy from a place which has a good return policy if *needed*. Most DLP's ( regardless of brand ) that I see in the stores are FAR too bright for my eyes.. they give me a headache.. samv especially for the JVC DILA sets. But, most sets come out bright to draw attention and often many seem to favor the bright lights.

I've owned a Panasonic PT-50DL54 for almost 2 years now. No problems and once I adjusted the picture ( CInema as a starting point.. VIVID was an agonizingly bright endeavor into pain for me ) to my liking I've been very satisfied with it. It's been a great set and while I hav enot seen the newer models I can say if they are similar to mine I'd be happy. But Samsung makes good sets as well, especially after they are properly set up. I think you would be happy with either but again it comes down to YOUR eyes. You may prefer the VIVID setting whereas I hate it and we'd both be right. Good luck and don't worry about getting the perfect set too much.. it's just a TV :)

41 - 46 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.