AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recieved the player for Christmas and have it connected to an Onkyo 674 via HDMI, and displayed on a Samsung DLP Flatscreen.

I have looked at the "Owners" Thread but have not seen anything similar to what I am seeing but I may have missed it due to the size of that thread. It also may not be a problem as I have never owned a Blu Ray player in the past.

The load time or the time from when I close the tray, or hit play while player is off seems like an awfully long time. 6-9 minutes. 9 minutes for Dark Knight, and 6 or so for Journey to Center of the Earth. I was not expecting the times to be as quick as my Oppo player but did not think they would be this long.

The weird part is it seems like the player starts and stops playing the disk numerous times,(the counter display starts and resets), and occasionally when it does start to show on the screen it can be a few minutes into the movie. Other times it will be at begining.

Is this an issue with the player? My reciever? (Although this worked with my last player) Is it normal?

Sorry for the long post but hoping I provided enough info to have somebody help me out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.