1 - 20 of 3271 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
There are a few responses in the Panasonic 65 thread about the 85

·
Registered
584 Posts
Anyone know what crossover options you have when selecting small speakers using the analog outputs? Is the new Panasonic still locked at 100Hz? Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just bought one from Vanns through Amazon. Free shipping and a good price.

Since I don't see an official thread yet, I'll ask here. I hooked it up last night and Netflix does work. Some earlier buyers said it did not. I am having issues with HDMI not working with a DVI adapter. I also don't see some of the adjustment features on the 7.1 analog output. I don't see where to adjust the speaker size, just the level and the delay. Also, the test function on the speakers does not check the subwoofer. Of course, the manual is a bit vague as is usually the case nowadays.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Does anyone know if this will connect to a wireless g network? On the product

description it only refers to n. Thanks.

·
Registered
861 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by atye /forum/post/18262320

Does anyone know if this will connect to a wireless g network? On the product

description it only refers to n. Thanks.

Just picked up the Panasonic DMP-BD85 about 5 hours ago and yes, you can connect to a "g" network. Mine is connected to an older Netgear WGT624, g, WPA-PSK and works great.

I'll be honest, I'm a little disappointed with the Netflix interface. I'm comparing this to an Insignia NS-BRDVD3 that I also have and I like being able to browse through different "categories" or "tabs" as well as the Instant Queue where the Panasonic DMP-BD85 only lets you look at your Instant Queue.

For the money it's hard to beat the Insignia NS-BRDVD3 but I bought the Panasonic DMP-BD85 because I wanted to try the wireless option and see if picture quality was any better.

Is it worth ~$200 to have wireless?, probably not. I know I could buy a cheaper "access point alternative" for the Insignia NS-BRDVD3 and I may still do that.

Blu-Ray playback quality is really close with DVD upconverion going to the Panasonic DMP-BD85.

Sound quality over HDMI to my Home Theater is too close to call.

That's about it for now...

·
Registered
385 Posts
Great, thanks for the quick reply. If I could easily hook up with a wire I would, but it would require

moving my modem and router to the main tv room which isn't really expedient at the moment.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
584 Posts
Makes me wonder if there will be a Netflix upgrade. The PS3 and Xbox both let you view other categories as well. This would seem to be an easy enough fix.

I am also looking forward to hearing peoples thoughts on the analog output performance and setup experience.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Just brought an 85K home after returning the LG which had issues as a BD player. I liked the Netflix interface on the LG better

so I agree it would be nice if they'd update it on the Panny, but the BD performance so far seems far superior.

Does anybody think there's a chance this thing will get VUDU any time soon? I really liked that on the LG!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Anyone know how this bluray player compares to the Sony S-360 or N-460?

I have used the Sony S-360 and it just works well. But I like the features of this panasonic much better.

·
Registered
110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by atye /forum/post/18275259

Just brought an 85K home after returning the LG which had issues as a BD player. I liked the Netflix interface on the LG better

so I agree it would be nice if they'd update it on the Panny, but the BD performance so far seems far superior.

Does anybody think there's a chance this thing will get VUDU any time soon? I really liked that on the LG!

I would say a big no to that considering that on the Vudu web they have about half dozen CE companies that support them and panny is not one of them. They are Samsung, Vizio, Toshiba, sharp, mitsubishi and sanyo in addition to the before mentioned lLG. The Vizio LCD have Vudu now as do the some Samsung and Mitsubushi tv's( lcd, plasma and DLP).

The Sammy bd-c5500/6500/6900/7500 will have Vudu in March.

Not sure when vizio or Toshiba will have it out.

Edit: The samsungs seemed to have some issues with wireless networks at this time, but the Blu-ray playing is apparently very good and the load times are faster than the 3600, which was already the fastest blu-ray player around.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have not used VUDU or Amazon video on demand yet. But from what I see on the web site. It looks like since they are both the same price you might as well just use amazon video on demand.

Anyone else have any insight as to why VUDU may be better?

·
Registered
996 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cws_kahuna /forum/post/18274226

makes me wonder if there will be a netflix upgrade. The ps3 and xbox both let you view other categories as well. This would seem to be an easy enough fix.

I am also looking forward to hearing peoples thoughts on the analog output performance and setup experience.

+1

1 - 20 of 3271 Posts