AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a ps3 and I get a lot of crosstalk on anything I try to play in 3D. I am wondering how the cross talk on a Panasonic DMP-BDT210 compares with the ps3. I have searched all over these forums and I can't find much info on players displaying crosstalk.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikonosis
amazing that there is zero replies to this...
I have both units but not connected to the same TV. The PS3 is connected to a Samsung DLP which has little crosstalk anyway. My 210 is connected to a Samsung Plasma and at least with my collection of 3D Blurays I have not experienced any significant cross talk with either setup.

·
Registered
5,937 Posts
I'd think that crosstalk would be more a function of the display/glasses combo rather than of the player. In any case, it would be very hard and/or expensive (as in swapping out player after player) for the average owner to separate out any crosstalk contribution by the player from that of the display/glasses interface.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolls-Royce /forum/post/20633124

I'd think that crosstalk would be more a function of the display/glasses combo rather than of the player. In any case, it would be very hard and/or expensive (as in swapping out player after player) for the average owner to separate out any crosstalk contribution by the player from that of the display/glasses interface.

I bought the panasonic over the weekend and I can say for sure that the with the 3D settings that the panasonic has, you can elimate a lot of the crosstalk that passes through.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin-Dawson /forum/post/20634084

That's not possible...

Unless the PS3 had a defect, you'd get the same performance from both players. I'm guessing it was something else in your setup/configuration.

Its very possible considering the ps3 has ZERO adjustments that you can make to the 3D picture.

·
Registered
263 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikonosis /forum/post/20633837

I bought the panasonic over the weekend and I can say for sure that the with the 3D settings that the panasonic has, you can elimate a lot of the crosstalk that passes through.

I'm curious what settings you are referring to. Off the top of my head the only 3D specific adjustments you can make are when the Panny is set to 2D>3D conversion. I have a PS3 and a Panny 110 player. Neither produces any noticeable crosstalk that the other doesn't on my DLP. In both cases crosstalk is almost nonexistant.

·
Registered
407 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcterp /forum/post/20636859

I'm curious what settings you are referring to. Off the top of my head the only 3D specific adjustments you can make are when the Panny is set to 2D>3D conversion. I have a PS3 and a Panny 110 player. Neither produces any noticeable crosstalk that the other doesn't on my DLP. In both cases crosstalk is almost nonexistant.

You must have cranked your "Crosstalk" setting way down on both...

·
Registered
263 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin-Dawson /forum/post/20638206

You must have cranked your "Crosstalk" setting way down on both...

Oh I remember now, I did change my "crosstalk" setting from "yes" to "no". They should just make "no" the factory default.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts