Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just bought the E100HS, with the PC Card Slot on the front. And I have a 256MB Compact Flash (Type I) card, that I use with my Canon S230 Digital Camera.

Any recommendations on the brand/type of Compact Flash PC Card adapter that I need to buy, so I can view my pictures?

Thanks!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I would think most PC card adapters for the Compact Flash card will work with your E100. I'm using some generic branded adapter and it works just fine on my E100.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jeffong,

Thanks for the response!

I guess my concern is the compatibility between TYPE I CF Adapters, and the TYPE II PC Adapter slot that is on the E100, as I understand it to be.

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffong
I would think most PC card adapters for the Compact Flash card will work with your E100. I'm using some generic branded adapter and it works just fine on my E100.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
I thought that Type II slots are backwards compatible and will accept type I cards/adaptors. Could be mistaken though. If you already have a type I adaptor just try it an see if it works.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I read also, but I don't have experience with either. I just ordered a Type II adapter that accepts Type I CF cards, and I think this should work just fine.

Thanks everyone, for all the input!

Quote:
Originally posted by vferrari
I thought that Type II slots are backwards compatible and will accept type I cards/adaptors. Could be mistaken though. If you already have a type I adaptor just try it an see if it works.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Type I and Type II refer to the thickness of the card only. The pinout and functionality are identical. A type II card is thicker. If you have a type II slot, both type I and type II will fit in it. If you have a type I slot, type II cards would be too thick to fit.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the information, tscheer!

Quote:
Originally posted by tscheer
Type I and Type II refer to the thickness of the card only. The pinout and functionality are identical. A type II card is thicker. If you have a type II slot, both type I and type II will fit in it. If you have a type I slot, type II cards would be too thick to fit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.