AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The primary reason I bought the E-20 is to make DVD copies of selected music videos from my extensive collection that I now have on VHS tape. I've been taping music videos for years from my satellite systems getting channels from Europe, Latin America and Canada. Usually, on each two hour tape, there will be from two to ten videos that are my favorites. Now, I should be able to record my favorites and have quick access to them on DVD. Just being able to do this justifies the cost of the E-20 for me.

So far, I'm quite impressed with the E-20. I set it up on a 36'' set in the basement for recording purposes. Using a DVD-RAM disc, I've been recording using "pause" after recording to not create a new chapter, and using stop to create a new chapter.

Upstairs, in my HT, I have an RP-91 playing through my Pioneer Elite PRO-710HD. The DVD-RAM playback there of my music videos is looking and sounding very good. I'm pleased with the results using the video setting on the RP-91.

When I have some of the DVD-RAM discs recorded the way I want them, perhaps I'll make some DVD-R copies that I could play on some of my other DVD players. I'll just take my E-20 upstairs and feed it from my RP-91.

For another project, I will make some DVD copies from home movies that I've shot with my Hi-8 camcorder.

Now I have yet another reason that I'm glad that I have my RP-91 DVD player.

Keith Smith

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.