AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just researched D-VHS today and found that Panasonic is going to be releaseing their new DMR-E20 in October! It seems like this would be much beter than D-VHS, mainly because it means no more rewinding & fast forwarding. The price went down to a street price of $1000 as well, and the discs can hold much more than D-VHS.

But what I couldn't find out for certain is will this be capable of the same quality of recording that the JVC D-VHS player is capable of? I am assuming that it is.

[This message has been edited by Grendell (edited 09-30-2001).]

·
Registered
200 Posts
Grendel,

See the most recent review in Sound and Vision. You can look for it at www.soundandvisionmag.com but I could not find it, you may have to purchase a paper mag.

In short, They loved it, except for editing features.

I would think that at the highest recording quality setting, that it should be better than any magnetic tape based format.... certainly it wins for convenience (non sequential vs. sequential playback--no contest!) AND medium longevity. Disks will still be playable long after we die.

I have been waiting for DVD-R for 4 years now. I will purchase a third gen unit for less than $1000 when they become avaialble. The E20 is 2nd gen. I will wait one more production run and let the problems work their way out of the units.

give it to me....

dan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.