AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay .. here's a question regarding pausing while recording ...

has anyone tried this technique? .. does it reset the session every time one hits the pause feature or does it leave it open for the current recording session to finish as one session?

this would be an ideal way to edit commercials when recording with dvd-r media.... i am aware that this feature is available when using dvd-ram

for the benefit of the others .. i would be doing dvd-r from my direct tivo which at least translates the image equal to what it received from direct tv ...

all comments are welcome

·
Registered
120 Posts
When you pause and unpause the recording continues as a single item. As long as you don't hit stop you will have one continuous program.

Using DVD-RAM there's a better way to cut commercials: record the entire program, then go into editing mode and just mark the start and end of each commercial break and tell the unit to cut them out. It will do so and that's much more accurate than having a quick finger on the pause button.

But DVD-RAM probably won't play on your standard DVD player. DVD-R probably will, but you have to edit commercials "on the fly".

I found that even when you hit stop and create separate program items on a DVD-R, the playback on a standard DVD player will continue from the end of one item to the start of the next, but with several seconds of pause for the player to find the next item. So for seamless DVD-R playback it's best to use the pause control to edit on the fly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.