AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know the native format the panasonic dmr-e20 records in? ....

1)is it mpeg2? or another source format

2) and can this source format be edited in premiere 5x/6x or does it require dvd authoring to edit?

any other input is welcome ..

thx

·
Registered
157 Posts
Just off the top of my head....

I assume you are talking about editing recordings rom a DVD-ram disk. First you need your PC/MAC to have a DVD-ram dirve capabable of playing a 4.7g DVD-ram disk (mounting usualy is via something like UDf instawrite from VOB. Second, as far as I know PowerDVD VR will let you play the MPEG2 (.vob) files that are recorded by the panasonic dvd set top and dvd-ram camera recoders. Other software to check out is UleadVideoStudio5 SE VR, which lets you edit, but I think that it is also packaged with some sort utility for mounting like the VOB instawrite suggested above. i do not know much about different flavours of windows and compatability......

I dont know about premiere.... but you should also check out http://www.heuris.com which has a project called the DVDConnexit plugin for Premiere which according to the site is designed to do exactly what you asked about..... I wish they would hurry up and deliver as I have been waiting for almost a year for this very thing myself.

If you check the site and are interested you should drop them an email and help hurry them up!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats correct ... i forgot to mention that i would be using a dvd-ram disk .... basically i want to edit the commercials out from specials, documentaries etc for home use only (!!) as for commercial free ... its a no-brainer ==> dvd-r for 2 hr or less shows

any other thoughts suggestions welcome

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
I'd like to do something similar.

You do know that you can edit out the, commercials after the fact, right on the E20? But only with a DVD-RAM. It'd be nice to be able to rip the dvd-ram files and copy them to a dvd-r too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.