Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Edit:

I figured it out. I had to set up a kind of convoluted chain and change one S-Video cable to RCA to get every piece of equipment to "see" eachother, but it works.

Now to go get a stack of DVD-R's...

/Edit

I picked one of these up today and am starting to mess around with it. Couple of questions:

1.) I'm only getting output when I use the connection through my receiver. It's hooked up like so: cable out of the wall to the DMR-E20, out of the DMR-E20 to a VCR, out of the VCR to the TV. In addition it's hooked up to the receiver via S-Video and RCA connectors in and out, and an optical cable out. I can see DVD's and use the tuner when I turn on the receiver and switch my TV to the video input, but that's it. If I just have it and the TV on I get nothing...I guess I'm looking for the equivelant of the VCR/TV button you'd find on a VCR but I'm not seeing it.

2.) I'm not getting any signals through the line 1 input. S-Video and RCA jacks are coming from the video 1 out on the receiver into line 1 on the DMR-E20. Switch the input on the DMR-E20 to line 1, and get nothing. The receiver does all of the switching, so I should be getting signals from the LD player/VCR/other DVD player...but no go. I plugged a VCR into the front inputs (line 2) and that worked okay. Not sure what I'm missing here...

Any thoughts appreciated...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.