AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my E20 for about four months now, and about a month ago the "up" function on the remote control's joystick stopped working. Today I spent about an hour on the phone with five different Panasonic customer service reps (after being shuffled from 800-number to 800-number), and ultimately I was told that I couldn't just send in the remote for replacement (even though it's still under warranty)...I have to send the remote and the DVD recorder! When the rep first told me this, I asked her to repeat herself, I couldn't believe what I was hearing. She checked with a supervisor, and came back with the same answer: I have to box up the entire unit and the remote, and ship them (on my nickel) to a repair facility in Elgin, Illinois (even though I live 15 miles from a huge Panasonic facility near Atlanta, Georgia).

Has anyone else had a similar experience with Panasonic? Is there any alternative solution to this problem? I am certainly not inclined to give up my (fully functional) DVD recorder for some undetermined, but probably not short, period of time, not to mention the shipping costs. Hell, I could buy a replacement remote from Panasonic for $35, but I shouldn't have to. Other than gnashing my teeth and firing off an angry letter to Panasonic, both of which will accomplish nothing, does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
118 Posts
The other day MY E20 remote started acting up. Wouldn't you know it, the UP function on the joystick won't work. Well, it works sometimes and other times it doesn't. Some time ago I taught everything to my MX 500 remote, so I'm not panicking yet.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Just buy the remote, it'll cost you that to ship the whole thing back. Or exchange the remote with the dealer you bought it from, unless it was Ecost. Thats the main reason I won't buy from them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.