AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a E50 and have tried to put various things on a DVD, but cannot play these on other DVD players. I recorded a simple show onto a Panasonic brand DVD-R, finalized the DVD, and can replay it in the E50, but when I move it to other DVD players it will not play. Some players know that a DVD is in the player, but cannot show the show.

Should I be using a different DVD-R? Should I be setting the record time to a speed (XP, EP, LP, etc)? Should I be doing something else when trying this?

Thanks for any feedback,

Joe

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Could you provide any more info in the DVD players that you tried (brand, model number, vintage)? Did any of those players get as far as bringing up the menu?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've tried an RCA DVD (not progressive scan) and an internal DVD player on an IBM T23 laptop.

I would like to be able to create DVD's from a video camera to send to my family that has a variety of players.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
How did you finalize the DVD?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Through the menu system. Press function and then finalize. It takes about 5 minutes and warns that the DVD cannot be written to anymore.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just ran the DVD on another panasonic player (non recorder) and it worked. I realize that the DVD burning process may not work with all recorders and some media is better than others. I'm looking for what media works in the majority of players.

Does anybody else have an E50 that has some experience in sharing DVD's with people that do not own a Panasonic player?

Thanks for any feedback.

·
Registered
441 Posts
It may not be the Recorder or the disc; it may simply be that your DVD player doesn't play DVD-R. Check here to see if your DVD player supports playback of DVD-R disc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.