AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another victim of stupidity. I found this firmware Update ""D9-022 6.4mb "" and thought that it would improve something or anything. Well, my recorder was working fine (good at the least). Now it still operates all functions, EXCEPT, will not read blanks or recorded blanks (except the ram-it will read and play). So, I am wondering if there is a cpu / memory board inside that could be replaced by another dmr-e80h. If so, I am thinking it is the board that I have pictured attached. I have replaced the dvd drive (tray-full assembly) before. Also, I have swapped hdd drives before. I am wondering if the attached photo is something I can replace to get my firmware back to original settings to play my recorder. Many thanks in advance for any help. One other note- auto set up keeps popping up when first powered on.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
update to previous first post

I got a parts unit for the boards. Received it complete (without hard drive). So, I stuck a hard drive in and the parts unit is fully function. Thus, replaced it for the one I downloaded the update firmware on. It was alot easier to do the hard drive than replacing the cpu/memory? board, which the first post was in question for. The parts unit is a May 2003 made, which has a nice scheme color design for top menu and titles. . These dmr-e80h models will allow for hard drive swaps easily. If over 80gb, will not read the overage though. Under gb is no problem either. I stuck a 40gb western in this one. A menu for formatting comes up, elect the yes format. I did a swap on one dmr-e80h for the dvd drive assembly once with success.

But, I am still curious about the memory/cpu in question in my first post, if anyone knows if the board I have photoed is the board I could have swapped to solve the firmware reversal.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Have you tried contacting Mickinct? He seems to be the go-to guy (from personal experience with my E85 and reported by many others in this subforum) about resurrecting your unit's old-part functionality or inquiring about any other aspect of technical maintenance....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.