AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
DV in is for camcorders right?

What are cinema mode and dialogue enhancer?

Should I care that the E80 doesn't have them?

I hope $700 list means $500-ish street. (e.g. $1000 list for HS2 means $700-$800 nowadays).

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
According to the Panasonic site:
Quote:
Cinema Mode--Lessens glare, providing colors that are more cinema-like, and picture resolution that is gentler to the eyes. It also improves the visibility of details in dark scenes by automatically adjusting picture contrast, and helps to suppress color smearing as well
Quote:
Dialogue Enhancer--Most of the movie dialogue recorded in surround sound formats (Dolby Digital®, DTS®*, Dolby Pro Logic®) is heard through the center channel speaker, and sometimes this channel can be overwhelmed by particularly loud sounds emanating from the other speakers in your surround sound system. The Dialogue Enhancer increases the center channel volume (relative to other channels), making movie dialogue easier to hear and understand.
To current HS2 owners: How effective are the above features?

I'm sorry to see the DV input missing on the new unit though I don't have an immediate need for it. I've been holding off on this purchase waiting for the larger disk and hopefully the black-level fix. I have mixed feelings about the cheaper price vs. lost features but I still think this new unit will be the one for me.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I suppose we won't be seeing the DMR-E90H in the states any time soon. I'd prefer this full-featured unit over the DMR-E80H but I'm itching to stop messing with VCRs and I'm not willing to wait an inordinate amount of time. Anybody hear of any plans for a black version of the DMR-E80H similar to the professional version of the DMR-HS2 (DMR-T3040)? I don't see anything listed on the Panasonic site yet.

·
Registered
298 Posts
The DMR-E100H is supposed to follow about a month after the E80H. It will have the DV input, PC card slot, and SD card slot. List is supposed to be $999.

videogeek,

Under frame advance it lists "yes" for the E80H, so it looks like maybe they are bringing back the frame advance buttons!

David

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
I suppose the frame advance feature will be most helpful on editing?

The lack of a DV input is not good, though not a deal breaker for me if it saves $300. I would prefer it in black, however.

Dsmith

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Thanks dgb. I see some proposed specs for the DMR-E100H on AV-LAND which is also referenced by DVDR Help . They also mention that unit will support MP3s as well as SVCDs any maybe DVD-Audio (won't hold my breath). I'd like a DVDR soon but I'll wait up until Fall if I have to.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dgb
videogeek,

Under frame advance it lists "yes" for the E80H, so it looks like maybe they are bringing back the frame advance buttons!

David
Oops, my bad - it's the HS2 that seams to have no Frame Advance. That is surprising to me since my HS1 has it - and I could not live without.

But then again, the HS2 is inferior to the HS1 in many aspects, from the cheap remote to a seemingly slower processor. I understand that most people want cheaper units; still, I wish they would make a 'top-of-the-line' model no matter the cost.

Anybody has news from the Tosh RD-X3 or the new Pioneer with HD?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.