AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a floor model Panasonic e85 yesterday and am having one major problem getting it going, I can't bring up the setup menu. I can't get the welcome screen or any menus. When I press the setup button, I get a blank screen, when I press the button again, the recorder menu flashes for about two seconds and then disappears. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,700 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by remotecontrolled
I bought a floor model Panasonic e85 yesterday and am having one major problem getting it going, I can't bring up the setup menu. I can't get the welcome screen or any menus. When I press the setup button, I get a blank screen, when I press the button again, the recorder menu flashes for about two seconds and then disappears. Any ideas?
Try resetting it. It could be set for a mode, like progressive scan, which is not compatible with your TV. I know a reset can be done by pressing a couple buttons on the unit for a few seconds, but I'm not sure which ones.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpurkey
I know a reset can be done by pressing a couple buttons on the unit for a few seconds, but I'm not sure which ones.
That's why I pointed him to those old posts because they have just about every reset imaginable. You may want to check them out for future reference (unless you don't own a Panny).

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by vferrari
That's why I pointed him to those old posts because they have just about every reset imaginable. You may want to check them out for future reference (unless you don't own a Panny).
I tried some of the resets and ended up with the "Test * L1" message. I believe it's there to stay, so I'm taking the unit back later this week. I have had a lot of luck with open box and floor models in the past, I suppose something like this was bound to happen sooner or later. Thanks for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.