AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Panasonic DMR-E85H

History of this unit

About 7 years old has been working fine we had a power outage and Unit would not power up.  Re-placed three caps; that were bulging and had brown speck on the top.  The unit worked for about 6 weeks, but we had another power outage and know the unit will not power up and all Caps Look OK. 

I have been trying to find the service manual for this unit; but the only manual I can find is the Operating Instructions manual for DVD Video RecorderDNR-E85H.  This manual does not show the troubleshooting schematic for the power supply.

Question:  Where can I get a service manual for this unit?

Arley

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,356 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleyp  /t/1519989/panasonic-dmr-e85h-will-not-power-up/0_100#post_24412706

Panasonic DMR-E85H ... Where can I get a service manual for this unit?

Could be a fuse problem . The service manual can be found here .

·
Registered
4,747 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleyp  /t/1519989/panasonic-dmr-e85h-will-not-power-up/0_100#post_24412706

Panasonic DMR-E85H

History of this unit

About 7 years old has been working fine we had a power outage and Unit would not power up.  Re-placed three caps; that were bulging and had brown speck on the top.  The unit worked for about 6 weeks, but we had another power outage and know the unit will not power up and all Caps Look OK. 

I have been trying to find the service manual for this unit; but the only manual I can find is the Operating Instructions manual for DVD Video RecorderDNR-E85H.  This manual does not show the troubleshooting schematic for the power supply.

Question:  Where can I get a service manual for this unit?

Arley
[email protected]

Yeah, I know, it's too late to say this, BUT, these DVD recorders really need to be on a UPS. I seriously recommend you get one before you plug your E85 in again.

Reactions: Kelson

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem 3 years ago after I lost power for several days . After taking it apart and putting it back together again several times, replacing caps and the battery, it finally - unexpectedly - powered up (I had it plugged into a UPS). From then on it worked fine. I even moved it to a new house (keeping it plugged into the UPS the whole trip). A couple weeks ago, the UPS battery finally went bad, so I had to unplug it, and now the E85H won't power up again.

If you discover how to fix yours, please post.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I had the same problem 3 years ago after I lost power for several days . After taking it apart and putting it back together again several times, replacing caps and the battery, it finally - unexpectedly - powered up (I had it plugged into a UPS). From then on it worked fine. I even moved it to a new house (keeping it plugged into the UPS the whole trip). A couple weeks ago, the UPS battery finally went bad, so I had to unplug it, and now the E85H won't power up again.

If you discover how to fix yours, please post.
I sent PM to member about repairing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts