AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
The SCART adapters I use have given me no problems at all. You just have to remember that one of the SCART connections is for input only, the other is for output only. Make sure the adapter is plugged into the proper connector, and the input/output switch is set properly. Can you provide some additional information about the setup and cabling you are using?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The SCART adapters I use have given me no problems at all. You just have to remember that one of the SCART connections is for input only, the other is for output only. Make sure the adapter is plugged into the proper connector, and the input/output switch is set properly. Can you provide some additional information about the setup and cabling you are using?
The unit was working properly in the past with 21-pin SCART satellite receiver in AV2 and out to led TV by AV1. If I use the Scart in or out the sound loss. Picture is OK any way. I seems to me the analog part has a kind of problem, I have no idea what. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
Without having your setup to play with, it's difficult to diagnose the problem. You say the there is complete sound loss. If you had a bad cable or connector, I would expect the loss of a single side (left or right) of the audio, but the loss of both suggests that there is an incorrect setting somewhere, either in the EH57 or the television. It is still possible it's a cable, but unlikely.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have made the attached sketch.
Case 1. HDMI cable used. OK.
Case 2. 21 pin Scart used as on the sketch shown. Picture OK, there is no sound.
Case 3. Satellite receiver connected directly to TV. With the same cable which was connected previously to the TV. Everything is OK. ???
Any idea ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts