AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am used to create in chaptered DVDs a menu on my computer using Authoring Software. The menu describes chapters content and allows direct access.

Could not find in the Operating Instructions of EH59 an equivalent.

·
Registered
11,694 Posts
No current DVDR allows you to create thumbnails for chapters in fact the only DVDRs to have that feature were the Toshiba XS series which are lone gone.

With Panasonics you can create chapters with the CREATE CHAPTER button and directly access them with the number buttons, but you can't get a thumbnail like you can with a PC and software.

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilan7
Am used to create in chaptered DVDs a menu on my computer using Authoring Software. The menu describes chapters content and allows direct access.

Could not find in the Operating Instructions of EH59 an equivalent.
Unfortunately, as has been said already, there is no equivalent in the EH59. Computer software can allow you much greater control of the finished product than a stand-alone recorder can. The only thing I can tell you is, you can burn each "chapter" to a DVD as a separate title, where you can give each title its own name and thumbnail. There is a BIG downside to doing this though, and that is, there is a one to two second pause as the DVD player automatically moves from one title to the next. If timing is crucial, then this work-around will be unacceptable. It is about the same delay as when a dual layer disk changes layers. It happens with dual layer commercial disks as well, but they are usually very careful where they place the layer change so it has minimal to no noticeable effect on the content.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.