AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I was attempting to record something quickly. I preseed REC (black button with red dot) on remote. I must have pushed something else as well because now all that displays on my TV is a still picture of the initial program and the word "Still" displayed in the middle of the screen. Nothing I do seems to change this in any way though I can tell that the DVR is functioning because it will change to other functions, but the "Still" picture remains. Please help. Thanks.

·
Registered
11,630 Posts
Not sure what mode your stuck in but have you tried pushing the DIRECT NAVIGATOR button on the remote? If that doesn't help I guess I'd try either powering down your EH-59 or last resort pull the power plug and wait a minute and then plug it back in. I'd think that should reset things and shouldn't really hurt, not sure whats happening as I've never had that happen on any of my EH-59s :confused:

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
I have a DMR-EA18 that will sometimes lock-up in STILL mode if I skip through the chapters took quickly when auditioning a finalized DVD.

There are various methods of unlocking the STILL mode. The first method I use is to press RETURN. This procedure works occasionally. The second method I use is to press PAUSE followed by pressing SLOW SEARCH-either forward or back-and once the frames advance I press PLAY. This procedure works somewhat more frequently than the RETURN procedure. If these procedures fail I press and hold the RESET button (behind the front panel door) until the crawling zeros appear. I takes a minute or two to recover after pressing RESET.

It's always a good idea not to rush commands with EZ or EA series Panasonic recorders.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts