AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, question for es30vs owners. Has anyone done a firmware upgrade to the latest version on the panasonic website? It is dated 12/9/2005. Is it even the correct one for the es30vs as it says it is for dmr-es30vp. thanks

·
Registered
671 Posts
That P shows up in the EH50 firmware listing also. Someone pointed out there is a P on the shipping carton along with the -S for the silver trimmed model.

It's probably a region code, like USA model or something.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Yes, it is correct. It updates the driver for greater compatiblilty with 8x and 16x media.

It, and the other Panasonic updates at
http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs...ge=DVDFirmware

are painless unless you have a Mac. Even then, just remember that they are really .zip files, not executables. Unzip them using Stuffit or your favorite similar program, copy the file (PANA_DVD.FRM) to a blank CD, burn the CD. Pop the CD into your recorder and everything is automatic after that (if your recorder has a TV Guide system, Panasonic says to turn that off before starting.

·
Registered
343 Posts
is anyone else having problems getting the panasonic site to actually deliver the download? i've tried several times today to get the file for the es-40 with no luck.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efjay
thanks, i will try the update tonight.
Please update this thread and let us know how it goes. I tried it several months ago and got an error that indicated that my recorder was already up to date.

Edit - Never Mind!! I see that they have updated the web site since I last visited it. I'll try the update now.

Edit - I upgraded to version UB-317 with no problems. :)

·
Registered
729 Posts
I got the firmware installed with no problem. It just read the disk and gave a bunch of messages before saying "OK" to each process that was updated and ejecting the disk.

Is there a way to enter a key sequence to determine which version of software you have?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.