AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hello,

my Panasonic DMR-EX78EG shows "HDDError" in the display. I have a new 250GB HDD but I need the original firmware for the german version DMR-EX78EG.

Is it possible to get the firmware by download or can anyone send me the file?

I cannot find the right firmware in the internet.

Thank you very, very much for help!

Many greetings from germany!

memurubu

·
Registered
4,530 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by memurubu  /t/1523142/panasonic-dmr-ex78-with-hdderror/0_60#post_24498782

Hello,

my Panasonic DMR-EX78EG shows "HDDError" in the display. I have a new 250GB HDD but I need the original firmware for the german version DMR-EX78EG.

Is it possible to get the firmware by download or can anyone send me the file?

I cannot find the right firmware in the internet.

Thank you very, very much for help!

Many greetings from germany!

memurubu

Perhaps you might find help here:

http://www.panasonic.com/de/support.html

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Hi DigaDo,

sorry, I don't search the firmware-update for the recorder.

I'm looking for the "firmware" for the harddisk of the recorder.

For this firmware I can't find an official download.

But I know that someone can prepare new harddisks to use them in the DMR-EX78.

Can someone help me to prepare a new or used disk?

Thank you very much!

Greetings from Duisburg in Germany,

memurubu

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
It is unlikely anyone here will be able to help you: avsforum members are mostly in North America, and Panasonic did not sell any version of the DMR-EX78 in USA or Canada. Most of the info about this model found at EU forums applies to the UK and Australian version, the Germany-specific DMR-EX78EG model has almost no repair information (in English, anyway). You would have much better luck asking this question to a German-language AV forum, where a fellow German might have a copy of the firmware.

But be careful! I have looked at the service manual for the UK/Australia version of the DMR-EX78, and repair of HDD ERR is not simple. The unit apparently needs to be put into "service mode," which is dangerous if you aren't very cautious and know exactly how to enter the many codes needed to reset the HDD. You also would require the Germany-specific "main firmware disc", which Panasonic does not make available for public download. The service manual indicates firmware needs to be installed to both the HDD and the recorder memory- the procedure described is tricky, and if you do not have EXACTLY the correct disc for your particular German version of the EX78EG you could permanently damage the recorder. The only firmware Panasonic offers online is updates for the Swedish and Danish tuners: anyone who offers you the German firmware has an unofficial copy, which may not work perfectly.

Your best option might be an authorized Panasonic Germany service center. The EX-78EG isn't really designed for do-it-yourself repairs. The DMR-EX series, like the BluRay recorders, are more complicated than the previous DMR-EH series.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts