AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These discs didn't work on Mac OS X.2, until now, with the new X.2.5 update.

See here .

·
Registered
88 Posts
Great news Eug, I had been getting around the problem by using Video Lan Client, but I'm really glad that Apple finally fixed the problem!

·
Registered
8,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This should also correct some issues Macs had with DVDs created with certain PC software.

·
Registered
8,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AppleCare Knowledge Base document is here .

·
Registered
120 Posts
I was in the Apple store in the Short Hills Mall in NJ the other weekend, salivating over the new PowerMac.

Unfortunately, the DVD authoring software has an upper limit of 90 minutes of program material. This is unacceptable for me since I make DVD's for event work, requiring about 2 hours +/- 15 minutes.

Jeff

·
Registered
8,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Goldberg
I was in the Apple store in the Short Hills Mall in NJ the other weekend, salivating over the new PowerMac.

Unfortunately, the DVD authoring software has an upper limit of 90 minutes of program material. This is unacceptable for me since I make DVD's for event work, requiring about 2 hours +/- 15 minutes.
This has nothing to do with the Panasonic DVD-R issue. Anyways...

You're talking about iDVD 3 and iMovie 3. That is free software that comes with the machine. If you want to do more elaborate stuff, then you can get DVD Studio Pro 1.5 ($499) and Final Cut Express ($299).

DVD Studio Pro is a pro app for creating DVDs. It doesn't come with built-in themes like iDVD 3 does, but the next version - DVD Studio Pro 2 - does include these. If you buy DVD Studio Pro 1.5 now the update to DVD Studio Pro 2 is free.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Quote:
This has nothing to do with the Panasonic DVD-R issue. Anyways...
True, but I mention it because anyone shopping around for a standalone DVD burner might compare prices and features to a DVD enabled MAC. I know I did. Just like some people shopping around for a portable DVD player wind up with a laptop.

Its a pity the MAC salesman didn't mention the professional DVD authoring software when I balked at the 90 minute program constraint. You can learn a lot more in these forums than you can from a factory trained salesman. A true pity.

·
Registered
8,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Goldberg
True, but I mention it because anyone shopping around for a standalone DVD burner might compare prices and features to a DVD enabled MAC. I know I did. Just like some people shopping around for a portable DVD player wind up with a laptop.
Well, a standalone DVD burner and a laptop with DVD burner don't serve the same function. Hence I have both. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.