AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I was sticking old dvd's in the player today to identify and label and file away and then accidentally put in an earlier firmware update (that I hadn't labled!!!) and before I realized what happened I powered down the unit since it wouldn't eject.

The screen keeps flashing "UPDATE DR" and I can't power down or eject the dvd.

Any ideas?

I've held down the up/down channel buttons and they won't do anything.

I've unplugged machine, but keep getting same error.

Help please.

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
You got me with this one. The machine shouyld compare the internal firmware and the one you have attempted to load, and if the internal one is newer, it SHOULD refuse to load the older firmware from the disk. I can't imagine what the issue is.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Based on my reading, it should have ejected since firmware was same version from when I updated properly a couple years ago. But, since I turned it off before realizing I put in a firmware disc I think it messed it up?

I wonder if I leave unplugged for a few days if anything will change?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just saw this: That which may be known of God is evident within man, for God has shown it to them, so that they are without excuse. (Romans 1:19-20)

Cool! Isn't that the truth!

·
Registered
4,747 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigST  /t/1420219/panasonic-dmr-ez48v-update-dr-error/0_100#post_22230713

Just saw this: That which may be known of God is evident within man, for God has shown it to them, so that they are without excuse. (Romans 1:19-20)

Cool! Isn't that the truth!

Well, Tomwil and I think so, but I know of a lot of others who would disagree.

Now if only the question posed by the OP had an evident answer.
(
)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts