AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Panasonic recently announced this DVD-A changer with progressive output to list for $149, and it looks to be very impressive for the price. Has anyone seen or heard it yet, or know when it will hit the shelves? Thanks.

Dsmith

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm also keeping my eyes out for the same unit and to my knowledge, it is not out as of yet. If anyone knows any info, I'm sure you'll have at least two appreciative members.

Thanks........................ Tom

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I called Crutchfield and they have it for pre-order; say they should have it in a week or so.

Dsmith

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I called Crutchfield and they have it for pre-order; said they should have it in a week or so. But they were not making any discounts. I have seen free-shipping at Amazon, so that may be a good place for early buyers, or wait for the 10% off sales at Best Buy when they have it.

Dsmith

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
If you've read about the S35, the F85 will have the same video performance, with the addition of a changer and DVD-A.

·
Registered
103 Posts
They're not just recorders, they are also Progressive Scan DVD players. At these prices, are we talking Faroudja? Some thing better? The point is that its evident that Panasonic has taken the low road on their under $300 players by adopting a less expensive single integrated design for deinterlacing, et al. What is in the pricier DMR-HS2 and what will be in the DMR-E80H???

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary Parent
They're not just recorders, they are also Progressive Scan DVD players. At these prices, are we talking Faroudja? Some thing better? The point is that its evident that Panasonic has taken the low road on their under $300 players by adopting a less expensive single integrated design for deinterlacing, et al. What is in the pricier DMR-HS2 and what will be in the DMR-E80H???
The S35, S55, F65 and F85 are only players, not recorders. As far as the recorders are concerned, they've never used Faroudja chips so I'm sure the new ones aren't either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.