AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering the Panasonics recommended so often here (XP30, XP50, RP82). Can someone who has one let me know if the svideo and composite outputs are active while viewing progressive out the component outputs?

I know that you have to get above the 2200 in the Denons to have this capability. Some Toshibas tout this capability but I want a good Faroudja machine.

It would be nice to broadcast 480i/NTSC via an RF modulator to my other TV's in the house while a movie is playing in the theater room in 480p. I don't know how often I would do it but would like the capability. I am not concerned about the Macrovision affect.

I see that even HD tuners are starting to output HD and SD simultaneously for recording to a standard VCR (Motorola has one) which could be used similarly.

Don't worry it doesn't weigh extremely heavy in my DVD player decision since I still want the best image for my primary display at a reasonable cost (

·
Registered
703 Posts
I am considering the Panasonics recommended so often here (XP30, XP50, RP82). Can someone who has one let me know if the svideo and composite outputs are active while viewing progressive out the component outputs?

I can tell you that all outputs are active on the Panasonic RP91. I don't know about the models you listed however.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.