AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw the RP-91 for $399 and I was wondering if thats a good price or if thats the price that everyone sells it for. Thanks.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I tried a search with Panasonic RP-91 and came up with the following site that lists 18 stores with prices between $290-$499. They all look like internet sites versus brick and mortar. If you found a store in MA carrying it for $399 and they have a few in stock, I would be much obliged if you passed on the name. I would pick one up for that price (I put a premium on being able to pick it up and have a place to return it to, if need be).

http://www.pricetool.com/613040_Pana...t_prices/pp_~2

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I didnt see it in a regular store. I saw it at crutchfield.com if you're interested.

·
Registered
499 Posts
It also sells at newegg.com (a place I regularly use for computer parts) for $299, but they only have the champane colored one. I've very tempted to get one, but not sure if I should go for it.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Why is everyone paying those ridiculous prices for the rp-91?

I have had one for sale for over 3 months at $250 + shipping and not a single taker. It's mint condition with v 2.50 firmware. Check my ebay rating of userid: turbocsx

Nic

·
Registered
21 Posts
I saw one in Fry's for $299.00 and there is also a RP62 for $89.00 (both brand new), which one should I pick? BTW, I just got my Bravo D1 yesterday and I am waiting on my DVI cable comes in today. I am using Epson TW100 and I need 2 DVD players.

·
Registered
90 Posts
The RP-91 uses a older Genesis chip that doesn't have quite the deinterlacing performance of the RP-62. Other than that, the RP-91 has DVD-A playback, better build quality and scaling of non-anamorphic letterbox DVDs. Also, check the serial number on the RP-62 to make sure it doesn't have a "B" in it, or you won't even be getting the better deinterlacing performance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.