AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read the FAQ but have a newbie question still.

Was looking at the Immersive site
http://secure.cartsvr.net/catalogs/c...prodid=1022208

where they're selling SDI modded Panasonic DVD RV-30s for $695. I have several questions even after searching and hunting around on here.

1) Does the RV-30 suffer from the chroma bug (more specifically does the MPEG decoder suffer from it but you know what I mean)

2) Am I better off getting a someone else to do the mod will cost me $550 then an A7, RP56, or RP91K? I've been reading so much but I feel like my head's going to explode. Let me put it this way, I'm willing to spend $1000 on a DVD player, and not much more for only a marginal improvement in performance but obviously if there's a huge difference between $1000 and $1200 then I'd be willing to spend more.

My plan here is to get an SDI modded DVD player, feed that into the HTPC, then DVI out from HTPC to DVI input on plasma screen.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
I am considering a similar path and am wondering what would be the best SDI option.

Immersive is having a special on the RV30 SDI and I just can not find enough information about this player.

My main questions would be:

User features: Does it have a time remaining display?

Although the SDI bypasses most of the video path of the player, would any advantage be gained by modding the RP91 instead? How about some of the higher quality players like the DVD-A7 or the DV-47A?

What about audio quality?

Is the RV30 fast like the newer RV32?

Anyone have one of these and want to comment on the usability of it?

Thanks,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.