AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard only a little about the "2nd" set of new Panasonic DVD players that are slated to come out this summer. Most of the attention has been on the RP-62 and RP-82 models. Apparently Panasonic is releasing additional players, which appear to be extremely similar to the new RP models, but with MP3 and Windows Media capabilities. Here's a short blurb I found on CNET's web site:

Panasonic DVD decks

Thin is most definitely in when it comes to Panasonic's DVD players. Taking inspiration from such sexy units as Sony's DVP-F21, Panasonic is releasing a number of slim-profile DVD players, among them the DVD-XP30 and DVD-XP50. Sleek-looking and only 1.7 inches in height, these models have a gleaming metallic exterior, a number of handy features, and reasonable price points. Both units also offer progressive-scan output, but the XP50 will play DVD-Audio and DVD-RAM discs. Both models, along with all Panasonic DVD players from this point forward, support everything from DVD-Video and DVD-R discs to CD, CD-R, and CD-RW, in addition to MP3 and Windows Media Audio. The XP30 will arrive in June with a $349 price tag, while the $399 XP50 will be ready for August.

I've already seen web retailers advertising the XP50 for $328.

Tom B.

PS Oops, I just found this same announcement in the "Next Year" thread, which I hadn't even noticed until after posting this. Oh, well, perhaps this will do someone some good.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Anyone using these yet?What chip are they using?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.