AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a Sony HD300 HDTV satellite receiver that includes a VCR control "repeater". With this, I can program a record event directly from the Directv program guide. When the event occurs, the HD300 turns on to the correct channel and sends a record signal to the VCR via the repeater.

Does anyone know if the HD300 can send a record signal to a Panasonic E80? There are several control codes for each VCR manufacturer, including Panasonic, so I'm hoping one of them would work with the E80.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I also have an HD300 and an E80 and have tried all the codes including the Panasonic vcr codes to try and get the HD300 to automatically control the E80 and.....no luck. Its a bit of work but I found I had to program both units independently to record the programs I wanted to save on the hard drive. Another bit of bad news is the HD300 has some bugs in the timer software, its workable but a nuisance.....hopefully will be fixed in the software upgrade next month. But thats for another forum.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just purchased a Pioneer 510h and it's auto start function works perfectly with the HD300. I only have to setup a timer recording once from the DirecTV guide. I'm a happy camper!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.