AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Panasonic E85 owners in the UK are starting to experience problems when using 8x DVD-R blank media.

Up until now our Panasonic E85 has performed perfectly when high speed dubbing to 4x DVD-Rs.

Using the new 8x discs manufactured by Verbatim, TDK, Panasonic and Imation are causing E85s to crash, go into self check mode or just fail to dub to disc.

Have there been similar problems in the US? Are there any solutions such as firmware updates?

Thanks

·
Registered
795 Posts
I use 8x TDK printables in my E-85 and E-95 all the time with no problem. I also use the 16x Verbatim printables. I mostly use these in the computer burners but have used them in the Pannys with no problem. I did run the firmware updates on both that were released earlier in the summer.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I started a thread about this asking around a few weeks ago and there were other similar threads. I have an E80 that just wouldn't take TDK 8x at high speed dubbing. It experiences the problem you described. In the past few years, TDK brand is all I used until they switched to 8x spindle.

Now I shop around for other brands. I found that it work fine with Sony 8x.

Folks in this board recommended upgrading the HD to solve this problem. I chose to shop for other compatible disc instead.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your replies.

Would I be correct in assuming that Panasonic’s recent firmware update was released to sort out the 8x disc problem?

·
Registered
37 Posts
The recent firmware update is to address complaints concerning compatibility with a lot media. People who have done upgrade said that it made their recorder more tolerable to certain brand of media, hence more flexible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.