AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got on Viera CAST with my G15, and it updated to 1.29.

The first thing I noticed is that the channels seem to load quicker than with 1.28. Also, unless it's my imagination, the blacks on a blank input screen actually look deeper.

What other advantages does this version have? I'm still exploring it...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gov /forum/post/18269566

Your fooling yourself, but thats okay if it works for you

That's why I said they appear to be darker. I don't have a meter yet so I can't confirm it.

Anyway, does anyone else notice any differences after the update?

I just checked and I have yet to reach 1000 hours. Maye this addressed the voltage problem?

I see that twitter and fox sports are coming soon, and it now has Pandora Internet radio. I hope these weren't the only updates....

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just checked, and 1.29 isn't even on Panasonic's website yet. It still has 1.28.

Are we sure Viera CAST was the only thing that changed? Any official links to that effect?

·
Registered
430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC74 /forum/post/18269663

I just checked, and 1.29 isn't even on Panasonic's website yet. It still has 1.28.

Are we sure Viera CAST was the only thing that changed? Any official links to that effect?

panasonic doesn't normally release updates on their website. Only when there's some really major issue that got media attention. The file on the Panasonic website refers to the Onkyo hdmi handshake fix. Most of the updates for the 2009 sets going forward will be for VieraCast as they'll move on to the 2010 models.

A couple people called and the CSRs stated that 1.29 was for VieraCast. You could try calling yourself and double check as Panny CSRs have been wrong many times.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by speck9 /forum/post/18269677

panasonic doesn't normally release updates on their website.

That's crazy. But I guess it sorta makes sense being if you don't have high-speed Internet, you can't get Viera CAST anyway...so the update wouldn't matter.

I would think they'd still have some on line info on it so you know exactly what's being updated. So unless you call someone, it's just a mystery update?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.