AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have question to all those experiencing this black level problem and whoever else who is knowledgeable about plasma technology. I was thinking about getting a Panasonic g10 42'' solely for gaming since I heard that it has the best motion resolution, very low lag, and good off angle viewing compared to LCD, which people usually buy for gaming. I also had heard that the new plasmas, especially the Panasonic's, have basically eliminated screen burn/ image retention problems if you are careful with it for the first few hundred hours, so that made me want to get a panasonic plasma instead of an LCD for gaming.

Now this issue with the black level rising, people have said that how much you notice the black level rise depends on your environment and how lit your room is. Since I'll be playing games on the TV, my room will probably be about medium lit. So would I notice the rise in black level a whole lot, and how does the rising of the black level affect the plasma in terms of image retention/screen burn especially since I'll be playing games on it?

If this question has already been asked by someone else please give a link to it so I can read it.

thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^^ I just searched this thread but I couldn't find any resolution to this topic entirely. I did find some good information though, even though it was kind of confusing. There was a mention of gaming and IR but I didn't understand what they were trying to say since they were talking about two kinds of IR, where one is the real kind and the other is the fake kind that only happens in a blank input screen.

So my question is would this rise in black level cause problems with IR appearing on screen when you are actually playing games or watching something else, or does this increase in black level only affect the fake "IR" that we see on the blank input screen? And also how would this increase in either/both fake "IR" and real IR have an effect on screen burn?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts